Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Review: Acid x Rad Clothing





This is an unsponsored review. All opinions given are completely my own, formulated by my own personal experience with the shop!


I am also going to be reviewing my purchase from one of Acid Clothing's "stockists", Rad clothing today. I had stumbled across a few of Acid's tee shirt designs through various people that I follow and instantly fell in love with the street style-esque "Escape Reality" printed one. I ended up finding the source fairly easily through a couple Google searches and found the shirt I wanted. It was listed as $30, which was a little hefty for a tee shirt, so I ended up leaving my search there for a little while. A couple weeks ago on Instagram, I saw that Acid actually had other sites selling some of their products and that one of them was based in the United States. I half expected the retail on their shirts elsewhere to be more, as that's how it generally seems to be when a middle man is involved, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Rad had my Escape Reality tee for $19.90. I placed my order, which came out to a total of $23.85 after shipping costs were factored in on August 25th. Expected delivery was estimated at September 1st, but because that day was a holiday, I figured it would actually come by the second.

I didn't receive any emails notifying me of when my order was shipped, however, it arrived to me on August 30, which was a couple days before I had anticipated.


My shirt came enclosed in a plastic, unpadded bag. 


There was no damage done and the shirt was in perfect condition, folded up nicely right inside the bag.


Inevitable wrinkling aside due to the folding job, the shirt was perfect upon inspecting it. There were no loose threads, little holes, stains, or even pieces of lint. I ordered a size small and knew it would be oversized as it's a unisex item. I was really pleased and pleasantly surprised when I unfolded the shirt to see that it is cut in a fairly slim fit shape rather than the relaxed, boxy one that I've seen a lot of unisex pieces made on. The material is 100% cotton and though it is lightweight and comfortable, it is thick enough to not need to wear an undershirt with it. There's no indication on either the site or the tags on whether or not this is a preshrunk item, so I will be following the care instructions, which is to machine wash on cold inside out, and then letting it hang dry just in case as I do enjoy the oversized fit.


What I was most happy with on this shirt is the fact that the printing is very well done. Sometimes when there are graphics on a shirt, it looks as though it could easily be peeled or scratched off, which is not the case with this one. It's a very mundane element to have noticed, but it does speak volumes about the quality of printing that the company does. If I continue washing the shirt inside out or hand washing it, there's no doubt in my mind that the text will be preserved for a very long time.

Overall I am pleased with my order from Acid clothing and it's stockist, Rad. Shipping was fast and delivery was before the estimate I was given. I like that the fit of the tops that were used in production would be flattering on both men and women when unisex items generally seem more masculine than conducive for everyone. I'm also impressed with the quality of the print itself. I don't know if I would pay the original price I had found this shirt at, but I would happily pay what I did through Rad for a shirt of this quality again.



Rating:

Shipping
:  

Communication: N/A 

Quality:   

General Satisfaction:   

Overall


No comments:

Post a Comment